RE: [Nolug] LSU gets butt-kicking Linux cluster

From: Joey Kelly <geek_at_joeykelly.net>
Date: 09 Oct 2002 15:47:11 +0000

I read that article, and went to the miranet page as well. That stuff
ain't cheap. Probably half the $3M they spent was on miranet gear. Worth
it? Dunno. You'd have to pay someone to monitor all of the nodes, though
you could probably write scripts (are they already written?) to automate
most of the monitoring.

I didn't know UNO had cluster plans. Makes me want to reconsider going
there. Sigh. I really want to go back to LSU.

--Joey

On Wed, 2002-10-09 at 20:19, Andy Cristina wrote:
> In other news, UNO's own Beowulf is still being assembled. When it goes
> online, it oughta be a blast to play with.

Linux consultant in New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
http://kellynet.dhs.org
---
Please submit your credit card information to our central server
so we can deduct money from you at will.