Re: [Nolug] REST

From: Dennis J Harrison Jr <dennisharrison_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 10:56:48 -0500

You are correct. Thrift by nature of it's use at Facebook was built
around remote procedure calls. XML-RPC is generally seen as easier to
grasp, grok, and produce for smaller apps (everyone has a different
measuring stick, but the idea of Thrift is to build lots of smaller
components riddled with interfaces and dangle them from the same
framework... nothing new, I know).

I like Thrift just fine, and am working on supporting it via some z3
adapters now.