Re: [Nolug] Launchpad released with AGPL license

From: Dennis J Harrison Jr <dennisharrison_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 14:34:18 -0500

On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 2:23 PM, Ron Johnson<ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:
> On 2009-08-03 14:15, Dennis J Harrison Jr wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 2:13 PM, Ron Johnson<ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> On 2009-08-03 14:07, Dennis J Harrison Jr wrote:
>>> [snip]

>>> Labs?
>>>
>>> (One of the truly evil side-effects of such generic names as "Labs" is
>>> that
>>> you can't google it without getting 10 jillion false positives.
>>>
>> Gmail labs (and yeah, I hear you)
>
> Oh.  I wouldn't have known to qualify "Labs" with "gmail".

Eh, I'm about done with gmail as it is on a whole. Would much rather
be able to own my own data, and do with it as I please. Only very
recently has gmail become a hindrance in development of the apps that
pay the bills. A shame, as I detest owning all the problems that come
along with users and email.

My google honeymoon has been over for a few years now, and google apps
for your domain has been that dirty little indulgence that kept me
coming back for more. Great idea, good implementation, not so good
implications (I think).

Speaking of AGPL, you aren't allowed to use code.google.com to host
agpl projects iirc.