Re: [Nolug] LinuxAgainst Poverty

From: Champ Superstar <champsuperstar_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 11:30:03 -0500

Thank you, Joey.
Hello, Linux users! My name is Gerri Short, better known as Champ, and I'm
taking a cue from GeekAustin and the HeliOS Project and putting together a
Linux Against Poverty installfest here in New Orleans.

You can take a look at the local story here:

http://lapnola.blogspot.com

And the original event here:

www.linuxagainstpoverty.org

LAP:NOLA is also on Twitter @lapnola and my personal twitter is
@champsuperstar. I'm on Friendfeed, Facebook, Posterous, etc. if you need
that much.

Anyway - back to the task at hand...in the next few days I will sending out
a call for volunteers for the Installfest. I am not a Linux user, so I do
need your expertise! Currently, I am still hashing out some details, but
would love for some of you to get involved. Please read the info and then
send me an email (champsuperstar@gmail.com) if you'd be interested in
helping out.

Also, sorry I didn't get back to you on Monday, but it has been a busy week.
 Tonight, we launch NewOrleansTech.Net. We have scheduled a soft launch at
LaunchPadNOLA tonight and you are all invited to show. There will be tons
of geekery happening and I will also introduce my Linux Against Poverty
initiative. You can also catch the live stream of the launch here:

http://www.livestream.com/neworleanstech

Thank you very much for your time and, hopefully, interest.

Regards,

Champ