Re: [Nolug] [Fwd: Network/Systems Engineer -NYC-#2762***REVISED***]

Date: Sat, 05 Dec 2009 12:49:43 -0600

Charles Paul wrote:
> New Orleans is one of the best cities on the planet. You all should
> be happy to be there.

At one time I thought that, until I outgrew partying on the weekends and
looked at buying a house... Sky high insurance rates and grossly
inflated property values and asking prices. Nearly non-existent road
maintenance. And then, of course, the limited career options and
low-ball compensation for a lot of jobs (I don't even pass those
position announcements on to the list), even for jobs with
uber-qualifications like CCIE R&S or Voice. I like where I am now with
my career, but I know that to continue my career to where I want to end
up, I'm going to have to head elsewhere.

For some people, I'd say it probably is a great place to live. But for
others, it certainly isn't. It depends on what you plan on doing with
your life.