Re: [Nolug] Re: [Bloggers] Want gigabit fiber in New Orleans?

Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 21:24:08 -0600

On 2/11/2010 3:51 PM, Ron Johnson wrote:
> The looming question is how Cox will respond: competition or obstruction?
>
> On 2010-02-11 15:10, Simon Dorfman wrote:
>> It would be awesome to have cheap fiber here. And with Google ready to
>> pour
>> money into it, this sounds like it could actually happen. Have you
>> already
>> gotten Arnie Fielkow to click the "Start Government Response" button
>> here:
>> http://www.google.com/appserve/fiberrfi/public/options

Well, since Google is opening the network to any player willing to pay
to use the network, in my opinion (not speaking for the company), I
think it could be a boon for Cox. It just depends on how everything
would play out.

Personally, GigE to my house would be more than I would need (I just
want 10Mbps symmetric), but if it were priced right, I would be very
tempted to get it.