[Nolug] bandwidth management question

From: Petri Laihonen <pietu_at_weblizards.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 09:18:37 -0600

I'm trying to find a good implementation for a bandwidth management.
Basically best bang for the buck while not sacrificing the main needs.

For a connection speed up to 50Mib/s (up and down), I want to be able to
define groups (vlans / ports / subnets ?) to which I can set the bandwidth
limitations. At this point I'm not interested on filtering or inspecting the
data going through the pipe, only to manage the bandwidth.

1) Set soft / hard limits for maximum bandwidth consumption for each group
2) perhaps set limits based on the time of day.

Any suggestions?

Bonuses:
Manage changes for a period of time in advance.

Petri