Re: [Nolug] Streaming video server

From: Jess Planck <jesse.planck_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 20:38:40 -0500

YouTube uses flv behind the flash player and h.264 when visited by an
html5 browser.

If a browser is not required I'd check MythTV. I think it does network
streaming.

If it has to do web delivery, look for the VideoPress sources. It can
handle conversion and playing. Really complicated and requires work to
set up, but it has most of the pieces.

Jess