Re: [Nolug] uninstalling apache2

From: Joey Kelly <joey_at_joeykelly.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 12:11:16 -0500

On Fri July 2 2010 11:58 am, general.reikan@gmail.com wrote:
> I had some trouble with different distributions installing properly in
> Virtual Box. Kubuntu was the first not to complain. VB seems to be a bit
> finnicky on different host machines.

The VMware install on my CentOS desktop likes to make Debian eat its
filesystem. Weird. I also had a problem with Debian guests endlessly
searching nonexistent SCSI devices instead of actually booting up.

My first comment was sarcasm against fanboi mindsets. For the record, I have:

Debian: 4 servers, 1 laptop

CentOS: 3 servers, and my primary desktop

Slackware: 2 servers

SuSE: dual-boots with XP on my primary laptop

Maemo: on my Nokia 770

VMWare: lots of random distros, along with OpenSolaris, BSD and Windows

When I reformat my desktop, I'll likely go with Slackware, ArchLinux or
NetBSD. I really like BSD-init, plus I really hate distros that do everything
for me. If I want to change something, I want to edit a config file manually,
not have some wizard or script do it (and who knows what else besides) for
me.

--Joey

> On Jul 2, 2010 11:41 AM, Joey Kelly &lt;joey@joeykelly.net&gt; wrote:
>
> On Thu July 1 2010 8:09 pm, Scott Cotton wrote:
>
> &gt; have you tried to manually remove the files? with "rm -fr &lt;insert
> path
>
> &gt; here&gt;" try that for all the directories u want to delete.. =) Oh
> by the
>
> &gt; way .. try http://www.lighttpd.net/ as an alternitive to apache..
> don't
>
> &gt; get me wrong Apache is awesome..
>

> And while we're at it, you ought to try CentOS instead of Debian/Ubuntu.
> Don't
>
> get me wrong, Debian is awful.

Minister of the Gospel and Linux Consultant
http://joeykelly.net
504-239-6550