Re: [Nolug] Replacing root drive

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: 27 Oct 2002 07:31:37 -0600

On Sat, 2002-10-26 at 17:05, Dave Prentice wrote:
> Here's an easy question for anybody: I just got a bigger hard drive to
> put on my server so it will have room for streaming audio/video, etc.
> What's the easiest way to transfer the old root disk to the new one
> and make it bootable? It's configured the way I want it so I don't
> want to go through the hassle of a brand new install.

Are you implying that you don't have any more room for another
drive in the box? You should be able to put 3 hard drives and
a CD drive in there...

When I bought a new drive, since I was happy with my installation,
I just added it as /dev/hdc, and added the appropriate line in
fstab to mount it to /usr/local/data.

| Ron Johnson, Jr.     mailto:ron.l.johnson@cox.net          |
| Jefferson, LA  USA   http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson  |
| "they love our milk and honey, but preach about another    |
|  way of living"                                            |
|    Merle Haggard, "The Fighting Side Of Me"                |