Re: [Nolug] Time to add some diversity to this list. Dadgummit!

From: B. Estrade <estrabd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 14:43:17 +0000

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 07:44:57AM -0700, Gene Brandt wrote:
> In the past few years I've deployed Linux work stations in place of Sun blades it was a learning experience. Vendors lie.

Everyone lies. But often times when people criticize Solaris or AIX,
for example, it's because they're generally tied to a hardware
architecture that is not necessary "cheap" and it is not a simple
exercise to take advantage of the advanced features of the OS,
especially over mulitple processors. And, of course, the application
you're for which you're using the machine and hardware is an important
thing to consider.

Brett