[Nolug] job ops - passing along...

From: Jonathan Roberts <gremln007_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 11:08:27 -0500

Dear UNO Alumni and Friends:

One of the perks of being a UNO alumnus/a or friend is the network of people
and opportunities accessible to you, especially in Greater New Orleans. Our
goal at the Office of Alumni Affairs is to serve you by keeping you
connected to each other, to the University and to a wide array of
opportunities.

We have been asked by one of our alumni and UNO Foundation Board Member, Dr.
Bobby Savoie, to share with our alumni the recent announcement that his
company, Geocent, will soon be hiring 60 technology professionals in the
New Orleans area. More detail on these employment opportunities is provided
in the message below from Dr. Robert A. Savoie.

We encourage you to visit the UNO Career Center’s Opportunities Database at
http://www.recruit.uno.edu/employer.cfm to share open positions at your
companies with other alumni or students.

Best regards,

Pam Meyer

Director Alumni Affairs

Fellow Alumni,

As a UNO alumnus and a resident of New Orleans, I know well the pull that
this great city continues to have on so many people.

Beyond mere college nostalgia, New Orleans remains in our blood. And despite
more than its fair share of hard knocks in the past few years, New Orleans
remains a vital, growing city, on its way to renewed stature and influence.

Geocent has been a presence in New Orleans since 1992, dedicated not only to
our customers and employees, but to the city we call home. Geocent has
doubled in size over the past two years and earning multiple “Best
Workplace” kudos from City Business magazine.

Now we are poised to expand again, and I am asking for the help of my fellow
alumni. We are ready to hire over 60 new technology professionals before the
end of the year. If you are in the technology field and would like to return
and work and live in this great city, then we want to hear from you, or if
you know of qualified people looking for work in IT or software development
who could help our company and our city thrive, please refer them to us. Our
jobs are listed at our website, http://jobs.geocent.com. We are planning our
very first open house on August 20th, and we would welcome any interested
alums to drop by and see what Geocent is all about.

Thank you for all the support you have given to our alma mater over the
years, and thank you for your continued support of the greatest city in the
world.

Dr. Robert A. Savoie (PhD ’09)

President, Geocent