Re: I accepted defeat in top-posting... Re: [Nolug] I have a lot to contribute to the world.

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 01:29:35 -0500

On 08/26/2010 10:12 PM, Lee S. Whatley wrote:
> On Aug 26, 2010, at 10:01 PM, Ron Johnson wrote:
>> I'm complaining because I'm (kinda) old and grumpy and tripling the
>> size of an email for no valid reason is stupid and I'm pissed because
>> I lost the top-posting fight.
>
> Heh, fair enough. If it makes you feel any better I've been fighting at
> work with upper-level management who see no reason why they shouldn't be
> able to send around emails with multi-Gigabyte attachments. It's a fight
> I have no chance of winning.

Show them how extensive it is to archive dozens of copies of
hundreds of multi-GB files. Maybe the corporate pocketbook will
start squealing. Wave SOX in their faces?

BTW, doesn't Outlook have some hook into SharePoint so that you can
send the attachment to SharePoint and just have a link in the email?

As a last resort, you could claim that Microsoft contraindicates
attachments above a certain size and then go into Exchange and set
the max attachment size...

--
Seek truth from facts.