Re: [Nolug] Ubuntu

Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2010 12:03:55 -0500

On 10/1/2010 11:50 AM, Michael Jeter wrote:
> Is it such a bad thin that non - programmers are using a Linux product?
> It almost sounds like you do not want a user - friendly, consumer
> friendly version of Linux.
> I am not a programmer. I still depend on professionals like you to do
> many things on my computer.
> I do like the idea of software that, if not free, can be made more
> affordable and more functional for millions of non - programming users.

Over the years I've met some people who were quick to bemoan the lack of
adoption of Linux on the desktop but at the same time, they would give
you the feeling that they really didn't want widespread adoption of
Linux on the desktop to happen. Sort of like, if everyone is using it,
suddenly the mystique and coolness of Linux is lessened.