Re: [Nolug] Ubuntu

From: Techmaster <techmaster_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 12:10:09 -0500

Check out powershell and windows core mode. They have both of those things,
sort of. Core mode is a cli window in a stripped down gui, similar to
running X without any window manager. Hopefully we'll see a true CLI
version of Windows soon.

On Oct 1, 2010 12:07 PM, "B. Estrade" <estrabd@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 01, 2010 at 11:56:48AM -0500, Techmaster wrote:
>> I love it how when somebody creates a linux distro that is actually
usable,
>> everybody makes fun of it. I fix people's computers for a living, and the
>> last thing I want to do is come home and spend all night or weekend
trying
>> to get my computer to do something basic. With Windows or OSX, we expect
>> certain level of usability. Somehow, it's become acceptable for a UNIX OS
>> to be hard to use, yet Apple has proven to us that it is possible to
build a
>> UNIX system that is just as user friendly as Windows. Suddenly, somebody
>> makes Linux easy to use, and the only downside I can think of to this is
>> that knowing Linux is no longer a bragging right, because somebody's
grandpa
>> just installed Ubuntu on his home PC, all by himself. But, is that really
>> bad thing? Linux is finally making progress towards being a mainstream
OS.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_rbeqbj-n1Z0/Skeak1qBGyI/AAAAAAAAAeM/3k_ntrDWmOw/s1600-h/ubuntu.png