Re: [Nolug] Ubuntu

From: Petri Laihonen <pietu_at_weblizards.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 22:00:57 -0500

On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 7:48 PM, Mischa D. Krilov <rossum@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 1:29 PM, Joey Kelly <joey@joeykelly.net> wrote:
> > Configuring Samba on Macs or Linux is not something a regular user would
> ever
> > do, unless he can point-and-click and get it working..
>
> FYI, On Snow Leopard:
>
> System Preferences | Sharing | File Sharing | Options | Check "use
> SMB/Windows", set passwords
>
> Mischa
> --
> Read my blog: http://rossum.blogspot.com

Yep.
Eventually we realized that samba client was already there. However the end
purpose of the whole ordeal was to try to find a way for 2 mac users in our
department to retrieve their scanned pdf documents from the windows network
share.

We were able to connect to the share, but did not find a way to have the mac
automatically reconnect after the reboot. Thus this method is still too
difficult for our mac users. :-)