Re: [Nolug] upgrade from ubuntu 10.04 to 10.10

From: Mischa D. Krilov <rossum_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 14:50:23 -0600

I just updated from 9.10 to 10.4 via the Update Manager GUI, pretty
painless, just the time. IIRC, it's just apt-get dist-upgrade from the
command line, but I'm not at a machine to check.

If you're dead set on using your already-downloaded ISO, you may be able to
mount it via loopback and install using it as a local repository. Or you
could do a new partition, dd the ISO over, see if you can boot from that
using smart boot manager or something similar. Smart boot manager allows USB
booting for older machines, so there's another option.

I think you just want to update inside the running system, though.

Mischa

--
Sent from my Android phone. Please forgive any top-posting.
On Dec 30, 2010 1:49 PM, "general.reikan@gmail.com" <