Re: [Nolug] Linux network optimizations

From: Petri Laihonen <pietu_at_weblizards.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 19:42:48 -0600

Ubuntu.
Specifically a mythbuntu.

I need to retire my old file server, so I decided to go with this one.

Network "card" is DYNEX USB stick.
It is a $10 wonder which crashes quite a few modern Linux distros when
plugged in.

If I have time I'll try to do few things mentioned in the thread. Basically
I was transferring files from my office at UNO. (LinuxMint box) That is one
of the reasons the file transfer rate was topped at around 1.6MB/s.