RE: [Nolug] Mac OS X to make an appearance at the next meeting.... maybe.

From: Pietu <plaihonen_at_uno.edu>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 21:30:53 -0600

I was a bit unclear with it this earlier.

It was 8 tracks 96Khz for two hours non-stop.
In terms of just regular 41Khz quality audio that would equal 16
simultaneous tracks.

I don't know however, what would be the limitations of this outdated laptop
anyway. Naturally all this can be calculated, but not with my math level.

On his own home studio he is doing as many tracks as needed. Playing back
multiple tracks, while recording on another set of multiple tracks to the
same composition. Very nice system. He got some benchmarking tools, but I
don't know the results of those.

Main point there is that no matter what is the platform these days, for
audio there probably are no performance limitations. It's all in the
limitations of the software.

Petri