Re: [Nolug] ProCurve guy

From: Jeremy <listbox_at_unix-boy.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 23:02:41 -0500

On 4/21/2011 1:51 PM, Chris Jones wrote:
> Yeah, it's their managed switch line. I believe procurve is actually
> 3com, who hp bought out.
>
> On Apr 21, 2011 1:26 PM, "Ron Johnson" <ron.l.johnson@cox.net
> <mailto:ron.l.johnson@cox.net>> wrote:
> > That's the HP networking equipment?
> >
> > On 04/21/2011 12:39 PM, Dustin Puryear wrote:
> >> We need a network guy that has a lot of experience with ProCurves ASAP.
> >> Email me off-list at dpuryear@puryear-it.com
> <mailto:dpuryear@puryear-it.com>. Work is remote.
> >>

> > --
> > "Neither the wisest constitution nor the wisest laws will secure
> > the liberty and happiness of a people whose manners are universally
> > corrupt."
> > Samuel Adams, essay in The Public Advertiser, 1749

Other way around... While HP did buy out 3Com, the Procurve line has
been around long before that because I remember seeing their gear back
when I was still in high school in the late 90s.

Apparently, the name dates back as far as the late 70s, if Wikipedia is
to be trusted: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ProCurve