[Nolug] Re: [Nolug] Re: [Nolug] OpenWRT (linux for your router) workshop, Wednesday, May 11 · 7:00pm - 10:00pm

From: Simon Dorfman <simon_at_yamlike.com>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 15:33:03 -0500

I've been using DD-WRT longer than I've been using OpenWRT. DD-WRT is nice
for just setting up a plain router because it's pretty easy.

OpenWRT has a nice package management tool so you can install things like
samba and share a USB harddrive. Or you can install webcam video drivers. Or
you can install a bit-torrent client like transmission. OpenWRT is nice and
flexible like that. But takes some hacking to figure out. And it's open
source so the documentation is often somewhat...lacking.