Re: [Nolug] Any VLAN experts out there?

From: Jeremy <listbox_at_unix-boy.com>
Date: Wed, 04 May 2011 16:48:19 -0500

I will attest to the fact that trunk configuration on the Dell
Powerconnect switches is a bit stupid and easy to goof up. I'll echo
what Dennis said - that would be where I would check first.

Another troubleshooting option is to eliminate the trunk. First,
disconnect the router from the second switch and reboot the cable
modem. On the first switch, where the modem is attached, setup an
untagged port on VLAN 10, connect a laptop and verify that you can
access the internet through just one switch. If that works, then the
trunk ports are probably your problem.