Re: [Nolug] Any VLAN experts out there?

From: Jimmy Hess <mysidia_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 19:16:19 -0500

On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 5:32 PM, Chris Jones <techmaster@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, vlan10 even works.  I can ping the cable modem with a laptop on the
> other switch.  The one weird thing I'm seeing is dhcp takes a few minutes to
> give out an ip.

Are you looking at the latency you get back when you ping? Anything
unusual there?
eg. 64 bytes from XX.YY.ZZ.WW: icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=0.617 ms

I would consider the existence of a wireless bridge on a trunk link a
suspect in regards to DHCP performance issues.

Perhaps some ping tests, to verify delay, latency stability, and ping
loss numbers
between the two switches would be in order.

Trunk links should be full duplex at both ends, but if there was a mismatch,
congestion or instability of the link, there could be high delay/loss
of traffic;
including DHCP traffic.

--
-J