Re: Re: [Nolug] Great price on 1.7 Ghz systems for use as linux servers

From: jdtiede_at_bellsouth.net
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 19:07:06 -0500

Be careful buying used HP laser printers. I have an HP LJ3100 (MFP) and have finally found info on HP's site that indicates it is dependent on Windows internals and it would be difficult to impossible to write a Linux driver. Since the 3100 uses the same cartridge as the 5L, the same may be true of it. The 3150, as I remember, can be used for printing only, and the 3200 and 3300 for possibly all four functions. Of course, the 3100 can be used when attached to a Windows box which is networked to a Linux box, which is the route I plan to take.