Re: [Nolug] cPanel?

From: Jerry Wilborn <jerrywilborn_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 10:51:47 -0500

Plesk... Pros: Plays well with default system packages,
http://www.atomicrocketturtle.com/, Windows and Linux packages are closely
aligned. Cons: Any advanced support goes to their programmers in Russia and
requires that they have root to your box.

cPanel... Pros: Better configurability, domestic support. Cons: More clunky
(frames!) interface, separate (although claims to be close) product for
Windows, more expensive for small number of domains on dedicated hardware.

Also, SWSoft has been swallowing up competitors for years. I wouldn't be
surprised to see cPanel "merge" with SWSoft at some point.

Jerry Wilborn
jerrywilborn@gmail.com