Re: [Nolug] fstabify

From: Clint Billedeaux <clint_at_fastbadge.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 11:31:47 -0500

Thanks Brad,

you're correct sir. I am sharing files on two drives from my "server" to a
group of dose clients.

Samba is already set up and working. The problem is if the server loses and
regains power (unfortunately a problem that recurs almost weekly) I am the
only person who is remotely familiar with the server. Try as I might none
of my coworkers can get past their fear of learning to see that mounting
these drives is a piece of cake. So, I'm trying to mount the drives with
the fstab, but...the fstab file I created was kicking users in the teeth
when they tried to access the files.

I think I found the solution though. my fmask and dmask are denying access
to anyone but root. I've modified that and will give it another try this
afternoon.

Clint.