Re: [Nolug] VirtualBox on Linux

From: Mischa D. Krilov <rossum_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 08:03:31 -0500

Looks like Puppy can do Virtualbox, too. I've had more out-of-the-ISO
success with Puppy over DSL on older laptops.

http://puppylinux.org/wikka/VirtualBox

Last time I played with VB on OSX hosting XP, low memory was a big
factor. Don't forget to turn off any eye candy in your guest OS.
Depending on what network resources your guest OS needs to access
(printers, file servers, domain controllers, etc.), you'll probably
need to set the virtual NIC to get a real IP from your network rather
than from your machine- It's called Bridged mode.

Don't forget to have a good naming convention for your VMs if you have
more than a small handfull.

What are you trying to do, out of curiosity?

Mischa

--
Read my blog: http://rossum.blogspot.com