Re: [Nolug] VirtualBox on Linux

From: B. Estrade <estrabd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 09:20:33 -0500

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 07:11:16AM -0500, Clint Billedeaux wrote:
> Thanks.
>
> DSL was the first one that popped up in my searches.
>
> Any experience with virtualization? Any pitfalls I should be mindful of?

VB seems to be coming along very well, and IMHO is only slight less
nice than VMWare. I use it for a variety of things - trying out new
OSes, as dev environments, etc. You can get very creative with how you
use virtualized machines - you can even have a "clean" one read to go
that includes your favorite software stacks in pristine condition.
And if you do any sort of *nix related training, VB images are idea
for providing participants with a working custom environment out of
the box.

Brett

--
B. Estrade <estrabd@gmail.com>