Re: [Nolug] VirtualBox on Linux

From: Jonathan Roberts <gremln007_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 10:09:56 -0500

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 9:33 AM, B. Estrade <estrabd@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am not sure how VB compares to VMWare in using it for production
> VMs, but Oracle is being pretty aggressive about improving VB.
>
> Brett

I don't think VirtualBox has any of the management tools that VMWare or Xen
has. Perhaps, there are add-ons that allow management for VB. I like VB
for virtual machines on my desktop. I use that to run XP for example to run
some apps that do not run well on Windows 7.

I have good luck virtualizing production machines to VMWare VCenter (I think
it is called), esxi and also the free version of Xen. I am not as familiar
with Xen but it seems to have similar tools to VMWare.

Good luck, Clint!
Jonathan