Re: [Nolug] VirtualBox on Linux

From: Joey Kelly <joey_at_joeykelly.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 08:55:49 -0500

On Thursday 11 August 2011 07:11, Gilberto Martins wrote:
> Can any of you who work with VB or Xen suggest a good Backup solution for
> virtualized systems ?

I guess there are 2 approaches... either consider the VPS a real server and
back up normal stuff like /etc and whatnot, or take image snapshots and
archive them. rsync works great for the first option. Maybe someone else can
chime in about image snapshots.

--Joey

> Gilberto Martins
>
> On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 1:49 PM, Mischa D. Krilov <rossum@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I know there's a pro for-pay VirtualBox component. I don't recall what it
> > gets you.
> >
> > I know that the VMware converter will generate a VM from a live system,
> > and there are hoops to convert to a VirtualBox machine.
> >
> > Mischa
> > --
> > Sent from my Android phone. Please forgive any top-posting.

Minister of the Gospel and Linux Consultant
http://joeykelly.net
504-239-6550