Re: [Nolug] MEETING TIME AND LOCATION

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: 24 Nov 2002 05:18:09 -0600

On Sat, 2002-11-23 at 18:58, Brett D. Estrade wrote:
> Yes, you can run these things on FreeBSD.

Through the compatibility layer, or natively? Well, you said
that now the JDK is native, and does Wine compile natively on
FBSD? (I wouldn't be surprised.) Presumably the proprietary
products (Oracle, DB2, CodeWeavers CrossOver, ...) run via the
compatibility layer.

Also, how does the compatibility layer work? Does it mimic a
certain kernel, like 2.4.xx?

> > And thank goodness we still have the freedom to do so. No thanks
> > to Fritz Hollings and the RIAA...
>
> Agreed.

You know, I wonder sometimes if Fritz is Evil or Clueless and
Greedy.

| Ron Johnson, Jr.     mailto:ron.l.johnson@cox.net          |
| Jefferson, LA  USA   http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson  |
| "they love our milk and honey, but preach about another    |
|  way of living"                                            |
|    Merle Haggard, "The Fighting Side Of Me"                |