Re: [Nolug] COBOL

From: Clint Billedeaux <clint_at_fastbadge.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 10:10:43 -0500

Just asking because I ran into a fellow who handles accounting things over
at the Michoud facility and he seemed to make a point of saying that COBOL
programmers are retiring in huge numbers and many of the systems there are
programmed in COBOL. It makes sense that those guys would be retiring, but
it just seems like it might be worth devoting a couple years to studying a
language that underpins major government and financial systems AND has a
dwindling number of capable programmers.

Anyway. Thanks for the references. It really looks like I'm going to have
to find some old guy who wants to teach for me to be able to learn it.

-Clint