Re: [Nolug] COBOL

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 17:31:57 -0500

On 09/17/2011 09:30 PM, Jimmy Hess wrote:
[snip]

> And some aspirin and other stress relief aids, to help ease the pain
> resulting from repeated banging of head against keyboard trying to
> get any non-trivial COBOL program implemented and doing useful work.

Bah!

The Shelly & Cashman books from the early 1980s *sucked*. Their
obsession with GOTO-less programming absolutely *destroyed* the
language's reputation.

Once I got into the Real World, really competent professionals taught me
how great COBOL is at the task it was designed for.

--
Supporting World Peace Through Nuclear Pacification