Re: [Nolug] XP over 7 on VirtualBox

From: Joey Kelly <joey_at_joeykelly.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 19:52:46 -0500

Ben Bullard wrote:
> Use something that will install with a minimal desktop like LXDE or
> Flubox only. No KDE or Gnome. Me thinks you can do this with Fedora or
> Debian. Arch or Slackware might bear looking into also.

The problem with Arch, neat though it may be, is that the
rolling-release effect will bite you repeatedly. Choose something stable
instead.

I have my preferences, likes and absolute dislikes when it comes to
distros. I can tell you what to use and what to avoid at all costs, but
a healthy Linux user will take the time to form his own opinions and
methods of working.

If I told you what to avoid when solving X, Y or Z, it would only end in
flamewar.

Web or sysadmin scripting? Flee Python.

See?

--Joey