Re: [Nolug] playing a movie

From: Randy Wild <randywild1_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 20:25:15 -0700 (PDT)

yes, helping organizations like churches and friends would be the best way to go. I doubt if I can find a job doing this, but that would be secondary if I could make some money on the side (part time). ________________________________ From: Mark A. Hershberger <mah@everybody.org> To: nolug@nolug.org Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2012 10:22 PM Subject: Re: [Nolug] playing a movie On 7/10/2012 11:03 PM, Randy Wild wrote: yes, professional development, although I'm retired now. >I'll put Red Hat on another computer. Depending on your computer, you may be able to put the same one. I'm going to assume (naively since I am only friends with retired men and not a retiree myself) that your interest is mostly about continuing to  learn and possibly helping some organisations you know about or friends of yours.  If this is the case, then let us know exactly what you're interested in and we can probably point you to some good online communities. > >Question: will the skills you learn in Bash Shell in Red Hat be useful for all CLI's such as Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Debian, etc? > Yes. The command line is basically the same on all of those. There are some differences between RedHat-based Linux versions and Debian-based ones (like Ubuntu and Kubuntu), but you probably won't see those differences until you start changing startup programs (update-rc.d vs chkconfig) or installing programs (rpm and yum vs dpkg and apt). -- What is normal? Normal is yesterday and last week and last month taken together. -- Snuff, Terry Pratchett