Re: [Nolug] ISO

From: Jerry Wilborn <jerrywilborn_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 15:21:21 -0500

I know you said on the other thread you are working with some old hardware,
but if your current workstation has enough free RAM, you could use
VirtualBox (http://www.virtualbox.org) to install a Linux guest OS. Then
you wouldn't have to worry about media at all, you could just mount the ISO
within the VBox settings. Obviously this doesn't get you any closer to
having it running on the separate hardware, but it does provide a safe
place for you to play with Linux and an easy snapshot mechanism as you
learn.

Aside, the Intel SSD in my Macbook makes installing guest OSs a thing of
beauty.

Jerry Wilborn
jerrywilborn@gmail.com