[Nolug] Puppy Linux 5.2.8

From: Randy Wild <randywild1_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 17:07:17 -0700 (PDT)

Some suggested Virtual Box.  I did get the ISO to burn (on Windows) and booted the CD fine on the old computer for Puppy. On the hard drive, set up Linux-Swap of 1000 size.  Selected SDA1 for the install, since this computer only showed this option. Selected EXT2 for filetype, wiped out the NTFS. Continue to have the Puppy CD in the drive. Plugged in Ethernet cable. First window: changed host name to MYPC.  Resolution: 1024 x 768 and Central time zone. Restarted X-server. Saw ETH0. Simple Network Setup ¨your internet should be working¨ I selected QuickPet.  Firefox 3.6.13.  Confirm install this package.  Clicked OK. Got a black screen with mouse pointer.  ESC key, nothing.  Moved the mouse, nothing. Never saw the desktop anymore. Tried twice.  The 2nd try, I tried the other version of Firefox listed on menu.  Nothing changed. I cannot install Firefox graphically, unless you want me to try installing FF from command line.