Re: [Nolug] kubuntu 12.04

From: Petri Laihonen <pietu_at_weblizards.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 22:53:18 -0500

I'm not using Ubuntu due to its serious limitations, yet I prefer LinuxMint
which is derived from Ubuntu and is compatible with Ubuntu repositories.
Few ubuntu problems:
- Poorly customizable desktop
- Media codecs are not installed by default

As for Kubuntu.... KDE 4.x turned me into gnome user.

Mint is certainly worth checking out.
I use "Mate" version in my older computers which lack needed display
horsepower and "cinnamon" version in machines with better video cards.
LMDE edition of Mint I have in my 8 yr old laptop. Only problem I have
noticed with my laptop CPU being too slow for modern Chrome browser. Some
times it has a tendency of "hesitating" few seconds when chrome is open.