Re: [Nolug] Cox HTTP hijack

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 11:37:13 -0600

On 12/15/2012 07:38 PM, Joey Kelly wrote:
> Guys,
>
> I just got this popup. Fine, it is helpful for folks that use Cox email, but
> it's also a little worrisome. Do I doubt for a minute that Cox runs web and
> other proxies? Nope, but I would have thought that mangling content would be
> something they'd stay away from.

Based on the gcide/1913 Webster definition, I'd disagree that they mangled
your content.

> http://joeykelly.net/hacks/coxhttphijack.jpeg

Slashdot mentioned the same thing. Strange, though, because I use Cox and
didn't get any such pop-ups. I thought it was because I use FF + ABP, but
now don't know, since you also use FF+ABP.

--
God didn't give America it's rights; men with guns violently took
them with from other men with guns.