[Nolug] Donald Knuth Quotes

From: John Souvestre <johns_at_sstar.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2013 21:29:43 -0500

Hi all.

>From an article I read on Donald Knuth.

Any inaccuracies in this index may be explained by the fact that it has been
sorted with the help of a computer.

--Donald Knuth

--Donald Knuth

Email is a wonderful thing for people whose role in life is to be on top of
things. But not for me; my role is to be on the bottom of things. What I do
takes long hours of studying and uninterruptible concentration.

--Donald Knuth

I can't go to a restaurant and order food because I keep looking at the fonts
on the menu.

--Donald Knuth

I define UNIX as 30 definitions of regular expressions living under one roof.

--Donald Knuth

If you find that you're spending almost all your time on theory, start turning
some attention to practical things; it will improve your theories. If you
find that you're spending almost all your time on practice, start turning some
attention to theoretical things; it will improve your practice.

--Donald Knuth

Premature optimization is the root of all evil.

--Donald Knuth

Random numbers should not be generated with a method chosen at random.

--Donald Knuth

Science is what we understand well enough to explain to a computer. Art is

everything else we do.

--Donald Knuth

The enjoyment of one's tools is an essential ingredient of successful work.

--Donald Knuth

The sun comes up just about as often as it goes down, in the long run, but
this doesn't make its motion random.

--Donald Knuth

Enjoy,

John

    John Souvestre - New Orleans LA - (504) 454-0899