Re: [Nolug] iMac booting CD

From: Randy Wild <randywild1_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2013 16:47:30 -0700 (PDT)

already did firmware update as follows: Command, Option, P, R twice before lights up, Command-option-O-F got in command prompt    reset-nvram (received OK)    set-defaults (received OK)    reset-all I think I recall "reset-all" reboots computer, so not sure if I have opportunity to enter this boot command that was posted in a blog: boot cd, file://:tbxi/   Yes, holding down keys past chime.     ________________________________ From: Mischa D. Krilov <rossum@gmail.com> To: "nolug@nolug.org" <nolug@nolug.org> Sent: Saturday, September 28, 2013 6:22 PM Subject: Re: [Nolug] iMac booting CD I remember WAAAAAAY back in the day that there was a firmware update on those fruit-flavored iMacs to have them install OSX. Trick was you needed to update the firmware from OS9. So I had to find and downgrade to OS9, update the firmware, then go back to OSX. Check the Apple site and see if there's a firmware update for you. Also, confirm that you are holding down option, powering on the machine, and keeping option held down past the startup chime until you see something on the screen?