Re: [Nolug] Go

From: B. Estrade <estrabd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 14:23:45 -0600

I would be very happy to help you with it. I've worked a lot with it. It's
basically multi-threading using compiler level directives sprinkled in your
source code. So you can use C/C++ or Fortran. In general, a compiler that
supports it (most 'real' compilers) will perform a source transformation
step guided by your directives - most of them use pthreads directly; it'll
then compile that code. Linked in the executable is a runtime that guides
the dynamic execution of the threads and manages the environment (num
threads, etc).

It's not as clean as Go or others that have threading built in, but it is
really nice for creating tightly coupled SMP code.

Brett