Re: [Nolug] python

From: Jimmy Hess <mysidia_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 17:13:54 -0600

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 3:01 PM, Diann Smith <diann170@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Guys
>
> I want to learn python , can anyone tell me where to go to get classes
> either in school or on the web. I took those on hour of programming that
> was offered and got hooked on python. It was just basic stuff though.
> Just let me know

Did you check learnpython.org trypython.org?
There's a book by Charles R. Severance called "Python for Informatics"
and one by
 Zed A. Shaw called "Learn python the hard way"

Google also has online educational materials:
https://developers.google.com/edu/python/

Udacity, supposedly has intro programming online video-based courses
using python;
 https://www.udacity.com/course/cs101
  https://www.udacity.com/wiki/cs212/python_learning_aids

Udemy has a number of Python tutorials.

Python.org has a huge list of beginners guides for non-programmers
https://wiki.python.org/moin/BeginnersGuide/NonProgrammers

And then there's one for programmers
https://wiki.python.org/moin/BeginnersGuide/Programmers

--