Re: [Nolug] Cox 2nd level technician says...

From: Jerry Wilborn <jerrywilborn_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 10:39:37 -0500

If you have a Motorola SurfBoard, then you can check your signal levels
here: http://192.168.100.1/RgSignal.asp

There are a million things that can affect your specific drop (customers
being added, weather, etc, etc). When you see your signals go south, you
can bet on your connection getting worse. It gives you something
quantifiable to say "my power level is now X dB, someone needs to come
check it"; I've had good luck getting them to schedule an appointment when
I'm able to quantify the problem for them (shouldn't have to, but -- oh
well).

Jerry Wilborn
jerrywilborn@gmail.com