Re: [Nolug] New Orleans Perl Mongers

From: Dennis Bourn <dennis_at_bourntech.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2014 15:33:35 +0000

I use pearl for screen scraping data from the web and interacting with MySQL databases. I really just hack it together from samples I find here and there.
In the Oil/Gas sector I used it to automate downloading well logs over a large area, and used it to correlate IHS production data with Louisiana DNR (sonris) well information.
It also has some pretty cool libraries for making Excel worksheets, when I had a project to make the same worksheet and chart for over 100 different fields I turned to perl and knocked it out pretty quickly.
Overall It's worked well for me, turning weeks of work into a couple hours.

Dennis Bourn