[Nolug] list traffic overload

From: Joey Kelly <joey_at_joeykelly.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 22:35:17 +0000

Hey all,

I must say that we've set a record this weekend that'll take us years to
break. I don't have the exact count, but I'm sure we approached 150 messages,
mostly on the DirecTV DSL thread.

While I'm not one to pass up a chance to rail against raw broadband deals,
we've lost a couple of subscribers along the way. Please, everyone give that
topic at least a few days' rest. I've made promises that the list would get
back to its normal sedate existence, and I don't want to lose any more folks.
Some people on this list use webmail, and several don't know or haven't taken
the time to set up mail filtering. I know we ran at least one person past
their quota (I get all the bounces and subscription activity) :-(

I'd rather crash a Ford than wreck a Chevy