[Nolug] Ack! This is so nasty...

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: 20 Dec 2002 16:31:11 -0600

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=6811
"If a user were to hover his or her mouse pointer over the icon for the
file (either on a web page or on the local disk), or open the shared
folder where the file was stored, the vulnerable code would be invoked.
An HTML email could cause the vulnerable code to be invoked when a user
opened or previewed the email. A successful attack could have the effect
of either causing the Windows Shell to fail, or causing an attacker's
code to run on the user's computer in the security context of the user."

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        mailto:ron.l.johnson@cox.net          |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson  |
| "My advice to you is to get married: If you find a good wife, |
| you will be happy; if not, you will become a philosopher."    |
|    Socrates                                                   |