[Nolug] Instructions to Join NOLUG's RC5 team... Do it, do it, do it... :)

From: bad-magic-number <bad-magic-number_at_eternity-technologies.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2003 12:52:16 -0600

Instructions to join the team... (notes afterwards)

1. Download a Distributed.net client appropriate to your
OS and platform here: http://www.distributed.net/download/clients.html

2. Install it on your system, and configure it how you
like. You'll mainly want to make sure you enter your e-mail
address properly. Other options you may want to set are:
     A. Buffer and Buffer Update Options / Keyserver<->
         client connectivity options - there, you can set
         Dialup-link detection if you are on a dialup connection.
         Choosing option 1 or 2 instead of the default of 0 will
         cause the client to automatically update buffers when
         you connect to the internet.
     B. Buffer and Buffer Update Options / Fetch work
         Threshold - Depending on how fast your CPU is, you
         might want to set your own value rather than using
         the default. Keeping the buffer size high will decrease
         the chance that your computer will run out of work to do,
         should the client not be able to connect to a server.
     C. General Client Options / Disable all screen output
         If you set up your client so that the buffers will
         update by themselves and you don't want to even
         see the client on the screen at all, then this is the
         option for you. I personally like to know what's
         going on, so I have this disabled, but it's there if you
         want to use the feature.
     D. Buffer and Buffer Update Options / Load-work
         precedence - This will depend on which project you
         prefer to work on. To work on RC5 only, set this option
         to RC5-72,OGR=0. For OGR only, use OGR,RC5-72=0

3. After you get the client configured, you may want to add
a shortcut to the client in the StartUp menu (if you're running
Windows) so it'll always run when you start your computer.
After the client completes at least one packet, right-click the
window and update the buffers. That'll make sure you get into
the next stats run. The next day, after the stats run completes,
usually around 8:00 PM (CST), do a participant search at
http://stats.distributed.net/projects.php?project_id=8 for the email
address that you configured the client with. Click the link on the
results page that follows, and you should be at your stats page.

4. At the bottom of the page, click the button that says "Please
email me my password", and you should get an email in a few
minutes with your password in it.

5. With your e-mail address and password in hand, just go
to the joining link below, and join. Or, just go to the team's
stats page and click on the "I want to join this team!" link
at the bottom.

Joining link:
http://stats.distributed.net/participant/pjointeam.php?team=17110

Team Stats link:
http://stats.distributed.net/team/tmsummary.php?project_id=8&team=17110

6. Once you've got client options set how you like them,
you can just let the client do its job -- you don't have
to do anything further with it. Keep in mind that by default,
the program will run at the lowest priority, so it won't interfere
with everything else you do with the computer.

--
Stats runs start at around 6:00PM local time in day light savings time.
  If you submit a block of work before this time you will be in the