[Nolug] Adsl

From: johns_at_sstar.com
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 03 21:43:46 -0600

Hi Ron.

> The most common is, as you know, ADSL, which gives faster download
> speeds than upload speeds. The max d/l speed is 1.54Mbps, ...

Actually, ADSL can run as high as 8M down and 1M up, but not many providers
offer it.

> Do any ISPs in this area offer SDSL, or is it all dependent on what
> B.S. puts in the CO?

Most of the Covad resellers offer SDSL. That's their bread and butter.

BellSouth (and those who use them) does have other ADSL offerings besides the
1.5M/256K ADSL, including some with more up bandwidth, however they are too
expensive to be attractive, in my opinion.

John

John Souvestre - Southern Star - 504-888-3348 - http://www.sstar.com