[Nolug] Am I getting viruses?

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: 15 Jan 2003 04:09:38 -0600

Hi,

Twice in the past few days, I've gotten files ".pif" files emailed
to me as attachments. Running strings(1) shows stuff like:
  !This program cannot be run in DOS mode.
  kernel32.dll
  user32.dll
  GetModuleHandleA
  MessageBoxA

So, *is* someone trying to infect me?

| Ron Johnson, Jr.     mailto:ron.l.johnson@cox.net          |
| Jefferson, LA  USA   http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson  |
| "Basically, I got on the plane with a bomb. Basically, I   |
|  tried to ignite it. Basically, yeah, I intended to damage |
|  the plane."                                               |
|    RICHARD REID, who tried to blow up American Airlines    |
|                  Flight 63                                 |